- 64 billion messages processed per day - 20B sent and 44B received
- 465 million users on platform
- 1 million join platform every day
- 70 percent of users come back every day
- $100 billion mobile communications industry being displaced
- $18 billion -- Sony is worth less than WhatsApp
- 50X ROI - Sequoia made on WhatsApp deal
- 55 employees when sold to Facebook -- that's a price of $375 million per employee!
Competition that kills isn't pre-announced, it catches an unsuspecting incumbent by surprise.
It's one of the main reasons why the ROI of social collaboration in large enterprises is that you get to exist in 5 years' time. Too few executives really understand this.